As medical science progresses, more and more people are turning toward alternative treatments for urinary tract infections. This may seem odd, but it is because people are learning that modern medical treatments are not always the most effective way to cure a simple infection, like a urinary tract infection. Another reason many people want to investigate a natural UTI treatment, is the rising cost of modern medical care.
Herbal remedies are becoming increasingly popular in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. However, care needs to be utilized because some herbal remedies can actually make some conditions worse.
A Few Completely Safe UTI Remedies
1. Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice is one of the most popular natural UTI remedies. If you drink between 16-24 ounces of this juice a day, you will form a protective layer in your urinary tract that will keep the infection-causing bacteria from making a home there.
2. You absolutely need to drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily. This is necessary if you hope to flush any infection-causing agents from your body.
3. Urinate when you feel the urge. Many people get caught up in what they are doing and put off going to the bathroom. This stretches the bladder, leaving small abrasions where bacteria will nest and grow.
4. You should also make sure you are getting enough vitamin C. You can either eat fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C or you can take a daily supplement.
5. There are many more herbal remedies that you may want to try. Herbs such as horseradish root work to cure urinary tract infections and are thought to act as natural antibiotics.
Some herbs may exacerbate some pre-existing conditions you may have. Be sure to do your research and know the status of your overall health.